Tourist Bureau

Tourist Bureau

The Armstrong County Tourist Bureau is a resource for anyone planning a visit to our region. Weather it be Hiking, Fishing, camping or busness related we have information for you.



The Armstrong County Industrial Development Council (ACIDC) is a private, non-profit economic development agency that provides single-point-of-contact service for emerging or expanding business and industry. Owners of industrial parks and leasable facilities, the ACIDC works closely with government agencies and financial institutions to present prospective clients with a variety of resources necessary to facilitate expansion and relocation into any part of Armstrong County.

Conservation Dist.

Conservation District

The Armstrong Conservation District works to restore degraded watersheds, promote sustainable farms, healthy forests, and growing vibrant and sustainable communities. The District will work with many private and public partners for the betterment of our natural resources and the citizens of Armstrong County. The District provides technical, administrative, and financial support through many programs such as the dirt, gravel, low volume roads program; the agricultural lands preservation program; the erosion and sediment pollution control program; the watershed protection and restoration program; and many other outreach efforts of the District



The Armstrong County Jail, which opened in August of 2003, has a capacity of 158 inmates. The facility grants a safe environment to the Armstrong County community by providing the care and control of the jail's residents.


Belmont Complex

For over 50 years, the Belmont Complex has been a recreational facility that draws over 40,000 residents and visitors alike to the arena, pool and banquet facilities yearly.

Login Form



Are PACE and PACENET being eliminated?

No, PACE and PACENET will continue to exist. They will provide full coverage to those who are not enrolled in Part D. For those who have Part D coverage, they will operate behind the scenes to reduce costs and maintain full coverage. Eligibility for PACE and PACENET is not changing.


Can I decide not to enroll in Part D at all?

Yes, this program is voluntary. If you are in PACE/PACENET and you choose not to enroll in Part D, PACE will continue to pay your drugs as it has in the past. If you are a PACENET cardholder and you do not enroll in Part D, you will begin paying a monthly deductible of $32.54 in September 2006.


Did all PACE/PACENET cardholders get selected for Part D?

No, only about half of them will be enrolled in Medicare Part D at this time. We will not enroll the following groups of consumers into a Part D Plan: those who are not eligible for Part D, those in Medicare Advantage Plans, those in employee retirement plans with drug coverage, those who have already enrolled in a Part D plan on their own, and certain others.

Individuals who have previously enrolled in Part D either by joining a Prescription Drug Plan on their own or by getting Part D through a Medicare Advantage Plan will receive information around September 1, 2006 about how PACE will help to wrap around their current Part D coverage.


I have prescription drug coverage from my former employer. Will I be able to keep it or will Medicare prescription drug coverage replace it?

Joining a Medicare drug plan is your choice. You aren't required to join a Medicare plan, and you shouldn't join until you are sure how it would affect your retiree coverage. In some cases, if you join a Medicare drug plan, you could lose your retiree health coverage as well as your prescription drug coverage. On the other hand, in many cases your retiree plan will work with Medicare to provide your prescription drug coverage. Read the information from your retiree plan carefully. It will help you understand your options. It should also tell you how to contact the plan if you have questions. If there is no information on whom to contact, contact your benefits administrator or the office that answers questions about your coverage.


If I have PACE or PACENET, why should I enroll in Part D?

It helps the program save money that can be used to help more Pennsylvanias. And many PACE or PACENET cardholders will save money by being enrolled in both programs at the same time.


 If I qualify for extra help, will my drug plan premium always be $0.00?

No. The amount of extra help you qualify for will be based on your income and resources, and your total premium will depend on the plan you join. Some people who qualify for extra help will have their premium paid up to a certain limit. If you qualify for this much extra help, there will be plans available in which you would pay no premium. There are other plans where you may have to pay a premium. Others who qualify for extra help will pay a discounted premium. This means if you qualify to pay a discounted premium, you will have to pay a percentage of your drug plan premium, no matter which drug plan you join. You can apply for extra help by calling Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 or by visiting "" (TTY 1-800-325-0778).


Is there someone to help me choose a Medicare prescription drug plan?

Talk to a family member, friend or other caregiver to help you decide what drug coverage meets your needs. You may also contact:
               •Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) (TTY 1-877-486-2048)
               •Call your State Health Insurance Assistance Program
               •Contact the Armstrong County Area Agency on Aging at 724-548-3290.


My mother's doctor wants her to move into a home. What is the difference between a personal care home and a nursing home?

There is a large difference between the two. A nursing home provides daily professional skilled care to residents (RN, LPN, CNA, therapy, etc.) Nursing homes are regulated by the Department of Health and provide a higher level care and so usually have higher costs than personal care homes.

A personal care home provides food, shelter and personal assistance and /or supervision in activities of daily living (eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, etc.) or instrumental activities of daily living (meal preparation, telephoning, laundry, etc.) Personal care homes are regulated by the Department of Public Welfare.

Written questions about the Ombudsman's Program should be directed to Randy Benkosky, at the Area Agency on Aging, 326 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201.


What does the term "extra help" mean when you are talking about Medicare prescription drug coverage?

Medicare prescription drug coverage is available to everyone with Medicare, regardless of your income and resources, health status or current prescription expenses. There is also "extra help" to help people with Medicare who have limited income and resources pay for Medicare prescription drug coverage. If you qualify for extra help, you will get help paying for your Medicare drug plan's monthly premium, and for some of the costs you would normally pay for your prescriptions. The amount of extra help you get will be based on your income and resources.


What is an Ombudsman? I have heard the term but don't know what it means.

Ombudsman is a Swedish word meaning "citizen advocate". The program assists people to resolve problems with long-term care facilities. We encourage people to try to self-resolve their problems. Sometimes people just have questions and don't know who to ask. Other times we may need to become more actively involved.